1673: Too Many King Edward I Jul 14, 2019

In the history of England, there are two kings both called Edward I. The first Edward I ruled from AD 939-946, and in fact follows the line of an earlier Edward: Edward the Elder. He was an Anglo-Saxon king, after him, there were two more Anglo-Saxon Edwards, but in 1271, when the next Edward became an English king, he chose to base his lineage off of William the Conqueror, and not the Saxons. Therefore, there are at least four extra "King Edward's" before Edward I, and two of those considered themselves also the first with the name.
Get more Word Facts on patreon.com/wordfacts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Important Announcement: Blogspot Access Will Close

1511: "I'll be home in 3 days; don't wash" Might be False Jan 31, 2019

852: delilah Apr 8, 2017